What Does Wellness Culture Mean?
Wellness culture, within the context of occupational health and safety, refers to a series of policies, ideas, customs, beliefs, values, and peer support that guide a workforce and are implemented in a specific company or organization. The goal of having a wellness culture is to work towards a healthy or wellness oriented lifestyle and work environment.
WorkplaceTesting Explains Wellness Culture
Wellness culture in organizations depend on five elements or dimensions.
- Shared values - working towards making wellness one of the top values.
- Cultural norms - Norms in work environment should promote wellness in the workforce behavior.
- Touch points - social mechanisms and policies that influence norms. Touch points can be divided into the following:
- Resource commitment
- Peer support - Promoting employees to help other achieve wellness.
- Climate - Workplace morale and teamwork.